"Smeltt" is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we request for certain information to identify you on your next visit, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
"Smeltt" may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with the changes.
What we collect
- Name, Age, Gender
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information primarily to provide better service by understanding your needs along with the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our products and services
- With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure this information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any other information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other website
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. However, once you decide to leave our website to access these links, you should note that we do not have any control over these websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict sharing or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information from time-to-time about third parties which might be of interest to you, provided you express the same to us. You may request details of personal information about you that we hold under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
- If you believe that any information about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We ensure a prompt action to correct the same.
We welcome your feedback. If you have questions or comments about our privacy policies, feel free to drop us a message by writing to us at email@example.com
We may elect to electronically monitor areas of the portal and may disclose any Content, records, or electronic communication of any kind (i) to satisfy any law, regulation, or government request; (ii) if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to operate the portal; or (iii) to protect our rights or property or the rights of the users, Sponsors, Providers, Licensors, or Merchants.
We are not responsible for screening, policing, editing, or monitoring such Content. If notified of allegedly infringing, defamatory, damaging, illegal, or offensive Content, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of such Content from the portal. We may terminate your access, or suspend your access to all or part of the Site, without notice, for any conduct that we, in our sole discretion, believe is in violation of any applicable law or is harmful to the interests of another user, a third-party Provider, Merchant, Sponsor, Licensor, service provider, or us. Because customer service is paramount to our business, we reserve the right to refuse to sell products to you if it reasonably appears to us that you intend to resell the products. In addition, we reserve the right to limit quantities of items purchased by each customer.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.